மாநிற MGR

Sunday, January 31, 2010 at 2:37 AM
Jan 30, 2010 – Schedule - Morning Start from Perungalattur, reach Anna Nagar West. Lunch at Anna Nagar. Evening goto Adyar. Night - board bus to Salem from Koyembedu. In this tight travelling schedule I had an hour and half to be wasted before shuttling between Anna Nagar and Adyar. So that is the reason for this post.

I waited in bus stop with the idea of travelling in MTC bus for the full 1.5 hrs and make the fullest use of the one day pass taken. Just then saw a bus to Anna Square and thought of going there because it was years before when I last went there.

Anna Square: Good Maintenance preferably because some birth anniversary or death anniversary of Anna was round the corner. I saw nothing interesting and moved on to the next place MGR Samadhi the crux of this post.
MGR Samadhi and the things which struck me:

•   Human is drastically in need for sex. All around the Samadhi of this two great leaders of our state I could find hundreds of people who were in ‘to be censored’ condition, unminding of the by-passers and the on-lookers. Shame no:1
•   When you move on to the main burial place of MGR you can find far more worse scenes, which when compared Shame no:1 is better. There were curved Pillars surrounding the MGR’s resting place. People find those to be the most exciting place and were climbing on it. Some people even find it adventurous, they take some grease and climb the pillar and mark their maximum reach and ask their friends to beat it. Wow what a scene of seeing the whole white marbled pillars with all grease marks on it.??!! Shame No:2.

One irony which struck to me was “There sleeps a leader who wanted all the people to be educated by introducing many educational schemes. May be because he foresaw that his ‘Samadhi’ will be tormented by some un-educated un-rational brats”

Disturbed by all these shits I moved on to MGR Museum. Inside they have kept all the important pictures of MGR with great world leaders to the commonest man in TN. Though most of the photos I saw were like stills and snapshots of the Movie ‘Iruvar’, I soon realized that MGR is the original and Mohanlal was his celluloid shadow. After seeing all those photos my respect for Mani and his Iruvar increased from 100% to ∞%. He managed to portray full life of MGR and his association with Karunanidhi without hurting anyone’s feelings. Hail Mani.!! Impact No:1

There were so many photos depicting MGR with great people (Not referring to the big VVIPs, I am referring to the common man). He had eaten lunch in a small corporation school with children. He had hugged old grandmas and had consoled them. There were so many other things through which now I understand why he had so much mass following. Impact No:2

Both MGR and Karunanidhi had done reforms and welfare. But the difference between their reforms can be put like this 
MGR மக்கள் நலம் காத்தார்; கருணாநிதி தம் மக்கள் காத்தார்.

I have many reasons to say Karunanidhi is a wastrel compared to MGR. 
*  When MGR first brought in “Noon meals scheme” to bring in more children to school, Karunanidhi staged big opposing demonstration saying it is an useless scheme. Later when Karunanidhi came to Power, he converted to this noon meals scheme to “sathunavu thittam” and took all the credit. Reason No:1.
*  MGR saw there were not much people in BC and MBC, so down-trodden in the society to be given importance in quota system and brought in the creamy layer. But as usual this bald crack opposed it and even now that creamy layer isn’t implemented. Reason No:2.
and many more reason are there.

So what is all this have to do with the title of this post. I was born on the same day and exactly the same time when MGR died. So I think I have more rights to call myself மாநிற MGR rather than all those சிவப்பு MGR, கருப்பு MGR, மஞ்சள் MGR etc etc…

Disclaimer: I am not ADMK nor DMK just a suffering Dravidian. And all I meant to say is MGR had a slight edge over the Bald one. The only unity they both have is they made people lazy and had built an useless society through their reforms and offers. 

Ps: If any you find this post is uncontinous and too vague ( Which I myself admit ) sorry, can’t help it b’cos thats the way my mind works.

1 Responses to மாநிற MGR

  1. livin Says:

    Livin - Nice Disclaimer da :)

Post a Comment